Hi there, I'm Alexandra!
(But you can just call me Alex)
Innovation savvy, technology enthusiast
I am a recent graduate of the Masters in Consumer Affairs program at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), where my studies focused on consumers, technology and innovation. I also completed an Honors Degree in Technology Management from Center for Digital Technology Management (CDTM). I am passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation, leveraging technologies, new business models, teamwork, organized and effective work streams, organizational behavior and corporate culture.
CV worthy skills: innovation strategy, agile project management, design thinking, digital marketing, brand management, and admittedly I make a mean PowerPoint presentation
Outside of the the professional realm, I thoroughly enjoy board games, cooking, going to the lake, improving my German, learning Web development, and generally testing new technologies [a.k.a. toys for big kids].
Technische Universität München
Master of Science in Consumer Affairs
Consumer, Technology and Innovation
Thesis: Strategy & Organization in Highly Innovative Digital Firms
Center for Digital Technology & Management
Honors Degree in Technology Management
The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science in Public Relations
Bachelor of Science in Corporate Communication Studies
Minor in the Business Foundations Program
Cum Laude Graduate (with honors)
Memorial High School (Houston, TX)
High School Diploma
Cum Laude Graduate
Allianz Managed Operations and Services (AMOS SE)
Innovation Consultant, Central Innovation Team
March 2016 - Present
- conceptualization, planning, and steering of robotics-focused innovation lab
- boost internal innovation processes via event planning and campaigns
- support intrapreneurs in idea implementation via prototyping, business planning and/or hackathon
- innovation community management
- support the organization with worldwide innovation initiatives and cultural change strategy
- coordination and facilitation of idea management system
Intel, Platform Engineering Group
Team Assistant, The Way We Work Munich
November 2014 – July 2015
- drive organizational strategy initiatives implementing programs to improve the workplace and team efficiency
- follow projects and enable project managers to achieve goals and meet deadlines with agile project management
- collect headlines, design, produce, and distribute monthly internal newsletter
- organize topic presentations, record, and distribute summaries via Intranet
Europe Awaits. Let's Get You There.
Europe Itinerary is a personal Eurotrip planning service. Whether customers simply need help deciding to take the train or drive, or a step-by-step itinerary, whether the trip is one week or three months, Europe Itinerary ensures travelers get the most out of your European adventure. Planning a vacation to Europe is no easy task - Where do I stay? How do I get there? What's the most time and cost effective way to travel? What should I do there? Europe Itinerary relieves the headache of travel planning and just gets you there to enjoy your vacation. I send a comprehensive questionnaire and within the next two business days, clients receive the first draft of their itinerary . We then are in constant communication until their trip sounds perfect.
Texpat in Germany
Speaking Denglish is personal lifestyle blog about myself and my experience as a Texan living in Germany for four years and counting. This blog, formerly titled ifs, ands, & butts, chronicles my life through stories and photos of friends, travels, cultural encounters, and connections with others as I continue my journey in Germany and adventures throughout Europe and at home. I also do my best to share advice and insights to help out others interested in immigrating to Germany.